Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Chrysler 300c. Came home and went to put it in park and

Customer Question

Chrysler 300c . Came home and went to put it in park and shifter didn't want to move into park. Got it into park after much effort. Now in morning, car didn't want to start and can't move shifter into any gears from park.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2005 Chrysler 300C. Battery and power are good.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  piciu1982 replied 9 months ago.

shifter assembly has to b repaired or replaced, inside there are some plastic parts that hold spring on place, is very common for them to crack, causing shifter to get stuck, if you remove rubber insert from cup holders you will see small opening , you can use it to push and hold safety shifter unlock button and it will allow shifter to move. should b good enough to get it to repair shop.