Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Level 3 Technician, Chrysler Training Instructor
20300296

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2011 Chrysler 300C. 2 weeks

Customer Question

my name is ***** *****. I have a 2011 Chrysler 300C. 2 weeks ago my car died. I replaced the battery and it works normal. Last weekend I was driving the car and a red lighting bolt and check engine light came on the dash. I had my alternator tested and they said it was a bad relay and I needed a new one. I purchased a new alternator had it installed and everything ran normal. On my way to work this morning the lightning bolt and check engine light came on again?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't think the temp gauge was working as it was still on C when I arrived at work. Everything else seems to be working properly; heater, defrosters, seat warmers, steering wheel warmer, windows, key fob. So what could it be now?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tom replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll try to help with your 300.

Than lightning bolt light is for the electronic throttle on your car. Since the battery and alternator have been replaced and there is also a check engine light on, the electronic throttle needs to be re-learned since battery power was disconnected. This process can be done with the ignition on but not running.

Try this:

Turn ignition on, but not the engine.
2. Wait until all the warning chimes have sounded.
3. Slowly depress gas pedal to 100% fully depressed and hold for a few seconds.
4. Slowly let off the gas pedal until returned to 0% position.
5. Turn off ignition.
6. Start engine.

If the check engine light continues to stay on you will need the codes read. Or you can do that by turning the ignition on and off 3 times in a row with the last step leaving it on. Codes will appear in the odometer readout.