Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

I have a 1987 chrysler fifith avenue that pulsates when

Customer Question

I have a 1987 chrysler fifith avenue that pulsates when driving and idles low when warmed up to the point that it dies. Have rebuilt carb, done full tune up. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Bob
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Chrysler released a service bulletin back then that dealt with a bad EGR valve and it called for an undated replacement. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below, have a look at it and see if this is the cause of your surge. You may be able to disconnect the EGR valve and drive it and see if the pulse clears. If so then its very likely the EGR valve is at fault. Copy and paste the link toy our browser to open and view the bulletin.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/EGR%20service%20bulletin%20Feb%2015.pdf