George H.
George H., ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

The heater blower works but only sometimes. It will come on

Customer Question

The heater blower works but only sometimes. It will come on after hitting bumps in the road. I am sitting in the garage and it just came on. That is half a minute after I turned it up
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  George H. replied 9 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

You either have burnt connection to the blower or the blower brushes are failing.

Do you have a voltmeter to check the circuit if I guide you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No voltmeter handy. I forgot to mention the other problem with that fan or that system. Whenever you turn on the back fan it blows the fuse. I am Not sure if that helps you diagnose

They are on two different fuses so it sounds like you have a couple of things going on. Is it the #34 10 amp red fuse that blows when you turn on the rear blower or the #50 15 amp?

Can you get a voltmeter to check the power to the front blower when it is not working?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's the number 34. 10 amp. I will not be able to acquire a voltmeter tonight

That is fine then, the rear blower control is what the #34 runs to so maybe you have an issue there.

When you get a voltmeter post to this thread and I will be notified. I am here most of the time so we can check the circuit then.

Let me know how I can help

Tank you