sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Thanbk u ..it shuts off while driving coming to a stop

Customer Question

hello thanbk u ..it shuts off while driving coming to a stop exiting the freeway chrysler dealership couldnt figure it out
JA: What model and year is your Chrysler?
Customer: 2005 touring
JA: Nice car. The Chrysler Mechanic can help you with your '05 Touring. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: its shuts off no error or code and i can barely break im lucky no one was in fronjt of me
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: ive been too 3 autoelectric shops and one dealership i was hoping toi fix it but i see this is problem that chrysler is not disclosing as i see numerous people with same issue
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Chrysler Mechanic now?
Customer: p[lease
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause the engine to die. If it drags the engine down quickly and kills it then the torque converter clutch coming on would be the most likely cause, the EGR valve hanging open due to an inaccurate internal position sensor is also a common cause of dying at stops or running rough at low speeds.

What model is the vehicle?

Are any fault codes setting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2005 touring v6 3.8
There are no codes or check engine so they can not diagnose

I assume the model is Town and Country then, correct?