Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Guasch
, Is a 2007 Grand Cherokee Overlander last 2

Customer Question

Guasch
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Is a 2007 Grand Cherokee Overlander for the last 2 years at least 10 times in to the Chrysler shop and no solution
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Shows Two problems:Under speeds of 30 miles the engine starts tossing as if the fuel pump was failing or it was running out of gas, in one occasion i even heard an explosion like the old cars with carburators. Finally the engine stops and if you wait a bit you can start it like nothing happened just the engine warning stays for about three days then disapears. I have noticed it does it on a hot day and the temp. gauge reaches almost half, never been over half. I have changed the fuel pump, the radiator thinking could be temperature problem but still does it. Very rarely I use the low 4X4 but I did to check if it could be from that and the problem was presented strongly but after driving for some minutes it stopped failing. Took the low 4X4 off and worked perfectly. A couple of days later again same failure. It feel like the engine wants to fail around 53 to 55 MPH. Never a problem running over 60 MPH.The other problem is at very low speed 15 to 20 MPH or when standing at a light it justs shuts down the engine. No temperature or oil warning before turning off, when it stops, the engine warning, the oil warning and a red symbol like a lightning between to bars exactly over the 3/4 line of the temperature gouge, along with the engine failure warning they all light up. not intermitent. I start the engine like nothing happened and runs perfect only the engine failure light stays on.
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Any time the computer sees a system fault it should detect it and set and store a fault code and or codes. Has anybody scanned the system to see what the fault codes are that should be setting when the warning lights are coming on and staying on? Can you tell me what fault codes are setting> Post back and I will try and help you get this resolved.