roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Extensive experience working with all models of Chrysler for over 35 years
3506196

I have a 2004 sebring conv. how can I change the complet ecm

Customer Question

I have a 2004 sebring conv. how can I change the complet ecm control harness with out cutting it, the old one has been cut I got the car cheep please help Paul
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  roybelding replied 9 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

this job is huge. it pays around 18-20 in a repair facility. do you have experience in replacing wiring harness???

Roy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
some

you will need to lay it out on the ground, confirm it is the correct harness as there are several for the same car and look at the routes. removing will require removal of a lot of components to get to the holders for the harness.

where is the harness cut???

Roy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
there are four computer plugs one black one green one white one orange its cut at the black plug

why not take the black plug from your donor harness, make sure all the wire colors are the same and solder and shrink wrap the wires together. it will be much easier than doing this task. you should not use any connectors for this repair thats why I suggest solder and shrink wrap.

Roy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Will the solder connections work

yes, it is the only approved repair by the manufacturers. we use it all the time.

Roy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you it will be done

your welcome please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Roy really helped me with great information , I had taken it to a chrystler dealer and ihey told me two thousand to repair it. they did not mention splicing the ecm plugs, thank you Roy it will be an easy repair. thanks *****

Roy

Roy

Paul, I see you are satisfied with my answers. can you please rate me so I can get paid?? it is no additional cost to you. it is the only way I get paid

Roy