Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chrysler Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

I am installing a new floor shift. I have attached the

Customer Question

I am installing a new floor shift. I have attached the larger cable but not sure how to attach the smaller one (I don't know what this one is).
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The shifter lever broke off so I am replacing the box. I unhooked both cables with no problem. I replaced the larger cable but the small cable seems to need more slack to attach it. The car starts and it is neutral.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. However if a experienced mechanic is recommended that I will have to use one.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 9 months ago.

First we need to know the year, make and model of this car please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2002 Chrysler 300m

Thanks,

Let me see if i have some diagrams. be right back.

Sorry but i dont have the instructions for this job and because it is very complicated you would need full instructions and some special tools. It is highly recommended to let a professional take this job on because of how involved it is. Even us pros have great difficulty doing this repair and i just dont want to see you get in over your head.....just being honest.

Larry