Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I had my carpet pad replaced and the guy thought my battery

Customer Question

I had my carpet pad replaced and the guy thought my battery died, so he was trying to jump start it. when I got home, I found out the passenger door lock does not unlock with key or unlock button, also the same for the rear cargo door. what do I do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when I try to unlock the passenger front door, the lock does not move, seems like it is stuck. the remote key unlock does not unlock it, neither does the power lock button, nor the regular key. same with the rear cargo door. all other doors work.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

what is the year,make and model?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is a 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager, 3.3 liter

lets try something simple here,,

remove both battery cables from the battery,touch and hold both the - and the + cables together for 5 seconds,then re-install the cables back to the battery.

let me know if that worked.

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It didn't work, ok, I noticed that my two front doors do not lock or unlock and rear door the same with the power lock buttons nor with the key fob buttons. I still can't unlock the passenger door manually but the driver door I can do manually. The rear door I can't unlock it at all. The two sliding doors however are Working fine.

ok..

i would think that the wiring was moved/damaged during the carpet install sense it did work before..

you may need to take it back to the installer and have it removed and check the wiring