bill
bill, chrysler master tech
Experience:  25 years with chrysler drivability and electrical expert
5203640

Getting back to TSB-23-005-10, Power sliding side doors will

Customer Question

Getting back to TSB-23-005-10, Power sliding side doors will not operate from B pillar button nor inside or outside handles but will work from Key fob and overhead console switches. I have this issue as well in my 2010 T&C. I saw an answer here about the fix being to remove 1" of foam isolator, but I cannot determine where that is. The response refers to Fig. 1, but there are no illustrations included in the reply. Can anyone help, please?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

do you have a copy of the bulletin already the one I have has 1 sketch for a picture

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, all I have is what was written on just answer about 2 years ago. Text description only: 2. Cut and remove 25.4 mm (1 in) of foam from the upper portion of the foam isolator around the handle link as indicated in (Fig. 1).
I cannot see where on my door that would be.craig
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

ok here is a link to the TSB, please understand this is absolutely NO GUARANTEE this will fix your problem, please download it and print it for your records as it Is only up for a few days

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9k0qmta3dc23qry/230510.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My doors already had the foam cut back as shown. There is absolutely NO reason for any report or Service Bulletin to suggest that the repair described could fix this issue. I was hopeful that MAYBE the foam jammed something but since I have the same issue with my doors and do not have the foam that should be removed, I have to conclude this was a hoax. It has to be an electrical or Module programming problem. Do you have any other ideas on this?
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

first understand NOT EVERY TSB applies to every vehicle, and NO bulletin from any manufacturer is a "hoax" I don't have your vin so I couldn't see if it actually applies to your van I simply gave you a copy and it's up to the person working on the vehicle to determine it applies. in the first part it states the bulletin ONLY applies to vans built BEFORE FEBURARY 12 2010 that means any van AFTER that build date will have the modification already done at the factory.

IF your van is in that range that would mean it was done at a dealer due to a complaint by the customer that brought the vehicle in.

now you DO NOT say if BOTH doors are inoperative or just 1 and you didn't say if you checked the switch in the overhead console to be sure it's ON.

I need to know your vin to pull a wiring diagram as all of Chrysler's diagrams are vin specific, and if only 1 door (which one) or both are out

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. VIN 2A4RR5D10AR305447
Both doors failed simultaneously. Doors will not open automatically when either inside or outside door handle is operated or B pillar button is pushed. Doors DO open automatically from key fob and overhead consul buttons. Child safety lock button tested in both positions, no change. >>>OK now I feel like a complete dumb ass. I re-read your last reply and it sounded like you mentioned something different about the overhead consul switches (to be sure it's on). I went back out and looked at my overhead consul and saw a button I did not know was even there. Picture of a door/window and ON/OFF. I switched it opposite what is was set at and my doors work fine. I've never used that button, didn't know or care what it was. My doors now work again, thanks very much for helping. What is that button supposed to be for?
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

that's the "mommy" or "parent" override it shuts off all electronic door controls from inside the van incase a youngster pushes the buttons and accidentally opens a door without your knowledge not too many people actually use that button as it only kills the electronic portion not the mechanical part. I'm glad it was an easy fix please have a great weekend