sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Left the lights on last night. battery died. when we tried

Customer Question

left the lights on last night. battery died. when we tried to jump it, the alarm goes off. lights don't dim, and the car doesn't do anything except for the alarm blaring
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chrysler Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: that's all I know
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: unsure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

No vehicle information was posted with the question but any Chrysler product is going to require the alarm be disarmed after the battery is reconnected or charged. Pressing the unlock button on a key fob is the easiest way, most older vehicles also had disarm switches in the doors and unlocking them manually with the key would disarm it.