Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I'm trying to replace the belt from the crank to the power

Customer Question

hi. I'm trying to replace the belt from the crank to the power steering. it's a Chrysler voyager 2.8 crd. any tips coz I can't get the new belt on....
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

You got the old belt off, correct or did it break off? is the new belt the same size? Exactly what problem are you having, getting it to fit over the pulley? If so, usually if you place it around the smaller pulley first, then place it onto the larger pulley, even if it won't go on you can start it on the side of the pulley opposite or crank rotation, then tap the key over until the belt goes on, then adjust it.