Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Batt charged turn key and nothing happens
, ran fine

Customer Question

batt charged turn key and nothing happens
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: ran fine Thru. sat won't start cheked batt full charge. when you turn the key dash lites go out but no chranking
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just charging batt to have a good charge
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: it is 16 below 0
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
allthe lites,radio,horn etc work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is anybody there
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

That sounds like a loose connection and as soon as you demand more power for the starter which demands a lot, the connection fails causing the light to go out.

Begin by checking the battery terminal ends. Try to twist either by hand. If you can twist either it is too loose, tighten it up, then if they are tight move onto checking the ground first and then move onto checking the positive cable that feeds the starter and/or the fuse block, etc.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

If it's that cold, you might not want to check any further that the battery terminals, the ground and what you can reach, until it either warms up, you can get that into a heated garage or have it in a shop that is warm, but if you want to continue, I would need to know the model and engine in order to look up wiring diagrams if it's not already what I mentioned.