Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Two cars with Cruise Control issues. Car 1 is 2002 Chrysler

Customer Question

Two cars with Cruise Control issues. Car 1 is 2002 Chrysler Concorde Ltd, cruise works for awhile than goes off, will not reset unless car is shut off and restarted.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Car #2 Cadillac Deville 2003. Cruise control will not come on at all sometimes. When its on it works and stays on but there are times when it just will not come on at all UNLESS I stop and restart the engine.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Of course if its not too involved. I'm a mediocre sunday mechanic that will try to fix EASY things...
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing at all. My only effort so far was to get on the net and seek help. I know i"ve used this service before with satisfying results so I'm back. Both cars are 'elderly' but in above average shape but I don't want to sink hundreds into either if I can help it.
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: Re the Chrysler, sometimes the CC goes off by itself for no reason and sometimes if I hit the Accelerate or Resume button on the steering wheel that will trigger it go off. That's about it. Car has 74000 miles on it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

We are only allowed to help with one vehicle and one concern. Which would you like me to help address?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Chrysler Cruise Control issue is topmost now..hopefully I can learn enough from it to figure out what is causing the Cadillac CC problems too. (Sorry, I sent an email to Cust Serv that I didnt get my answer and I'd be charged the remaining $, but I didnt see your response about 'only able to answer a question on one car'...They dont make your reply standout very well and I missed it.)

Thanks, ***** ***** likely issue is the speed control servo faulty. Can you do the tests in the link below?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/comcordecriose.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your link gave me this message, Error (404)
We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.
Try again please

The link expired because there was no rating on the post. It is back active now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The link is STILL DEAD. I'm requesting someone else. There will be no rating on the post until I get the quality answer to my question this site USED to provide

The link only remains active a couple days. When there is no rating it expires. Since your seeking another tech. Best of luck.