Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Gh pitched noise increases when the lights are turned on.

Customer Question

high pitched noise increases when the lights are turned on. Speed ometer says 15 to 20 mph when it is still. goes to zero when lights are off. po562, 700 and 731 codes. shifts ok for some miles and then stays in lower gear. any ideas?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the battery and monitored the voltage when lights are on and off and when engine is reved etc. Voltage stayed between 14.1 and 14.5 volts. That's all I"ve done so far
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chrysler Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: it has over 150000 miles and has been fine up to now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

what is the year,make and model?