Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My pt cruiser system won't let me start my car how do I

Customer Question

My pt cruiser system won't let me start my car how do I deactivate the alarm on it
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 9 months ago.

Do you see a red light in the dash? Do you have another key to try?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it blinks and no I only have one key. It started at first but then died and when I did all the locking unlocking and the light quit blinking I tried to start it and now it won't at all and the red light blinks again
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there another way?
Expert:  Brad replied 9 months ago.

Since you don't have another key to rule out a bad key then the next step would be to call a mobile locksmith to have him cut and program you a new key and see if it starts, but if it doesn't there is a good chance you will need a new SKIM(Sentry Key Immobilizer Module) which will need to be programmed with a scantool.

There is no way to bypass this to get it to start because that would not be safe and easy for someone to steal your car. The proper way would be to connect a scantool to retrieve the codes from the SKIM module to determine the issue..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 9 months ago.

I closed you duplicate question..

And no a battery disconnect will not allow you to start your vehicle when the security light is on..

Have a great day,

Brad