karrs2fix
karrs2fix, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE master technician, L1 certified, iatn sponser, tech net training , automotive training group
17741603

I receive code p0303 on my 2006 chrysler town and country?

Customer Question

I receive code p0303 on my 2006 chrysler town and country? any suggestons as to what i should do?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the engine kind of running rough, then the light came on. other than that , it seems to run good
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: it has 230,000 miles, worked on the transmission last year, it ran very will until this came up yesterday
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  karrs2fix replied 10 months ago.

P0303 indicates a misfire on cylinder #3 . What is the tune up history, spark plugs and plug wires? It is possible that replacing spark plugs and wires could solve the issue. There may be an issue with the ignition coil pack with that amount of miles on it? #3 cylinder is in the middle on the rear bank of the engine. It is difficult to access, You could remove and inspect the spark plug and wire for inspection. Looking for any burn marks on the upper section of plug or inside the plug wire.

If the misfiring is consistent you may want to remove the plug wire from #3 spark plug and verify there is spark at the plug with a spark tester from the ignition coil.

Were you able to do some further diagnosis. Spark plug or wire inspection, or do a major tune up?

Expert:  karrs2fix replied 9 months ago.

Things going ok, did you have any further questions?