Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.
3195632

Last night a fire started under my passenger seat at the

Customer Question

Last night a fire started under my passenger seat at the heated seat module. Now I get a no bus message and my windows and radio don't work. Car starts and cuts off 2 seconds later. 2005 Chrysler 300 limited. 3.5 V6
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: such as?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

First, can you tell me which color wires at the control module are burned? This may be an issue of the communication lines being burned and damaged which will cause a NO BUS issue as communication in the serial data lines is lost.

Also I need the vin number to pull the schematics to see why this affected the windows and radio

Also let me know if you checked all the fuses, and if the wiring damage and damaged module have been replaced yet