sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Driving down road when my temperature gauge dropped and my

Customer Question

driving down road when my temperature gauge dropped and my electronic throttle came on turned off van restarted and drove 3 miles came back on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: that's it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes and leaving for 800 mile round trip 2/13/2016
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need to know asap?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
this is taking to long
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
never mind heading into town to have it looked at
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the temperature gauge dropped and ETC light came on at the same time then you have an issue with actual coolant temperature or the coolant temperature signal. It's possible that you have a coolant leak and the sensor wasn't reading actual engine temperature any longer, or you may have been missing coolant temperature signal. If the coolant sensor fails or the circuit goes open because of wiring or connector damage then it will cause what you are having.

Were you able to get it repaired?