Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 1999 Chrysler Concorde LXi with 150,000 kms. My

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Chrysler Concorde LXi with 150,000 kms. My power door locks stopped operating (all at the same time) and I had to operate them manually for a few months. Then one day, shortly after I started driving , the 2 rear door locks suddenly fell into the openings for them in the door panels. I can feel them in there with my finger but don't know how to get them out. The rear doors are locked with no way of opening them and this is of course a safety hazard. Help please!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When this occurs the interior door trim paneling has to be removed to then access the lock rod to see if it came out of place and needs reinstalled properly.When this is done unfortunately with the doors closed this can damaged the door paneling to where it will need repaired or replaced after the doors have been unlocked and opened since the panels have to be pried back or removed with the doors stuck closed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete