Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

2010 sebring touring power window on passenger side will go

Customer Question

2010 sebring touring power window on passenger side will go down but not up. all power windows work fine, no issues. I checked fuse and it looks fine. Advice?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: This pretty much sums it up.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have an appointment scheduled Saturday unless it is an easy fix.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: None
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

if a window goes one way but NOT the other (i.e. up but NOT down) it is usually a wiring problem, such as a broken wire in the door OR it could be either the master switch OR the switch on the affected door.

now does the window operate the same from BOTH the master (drivers door) AND the door switch on the passenger door?

and what's your skill level can you do some tests with a test lamp and pull door panels if needed, possibly repair wires (if needed) with SOLDER and shrink tubing?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The window operates the same from driver and passenger door. I do not have the skill level to repair myself.
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

i'm sorry to hear that, I then suggest a GOOD electrical shop or dealer to properly diagnose and repair the problem, toe 2 most common problems are a broken wire in the door OR a switch that has failed, so that's the direction they should be taking.

have a great weekend and f your in a cold area stay warm

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

your welcome