Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

2003 grand caravan code 168.4 and 030.4
, yes engine

Customer Question

2003 grand caravan code 168.4 and 030.4
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes engine idles a little rough when at a traffic light other than that engine runs good on highway
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

where are you getting these codes we DO NOT use any decimal points in codes and engine codes all start with "P" and are 4 digits

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK try the numbers without the decimal points that's what my van gave me was decimal point so try 1684 and 0304 instead engine idles with a skip when at a traffic light and have pulsating interior lights
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

ok the one to concern with is the P0304 which is #4 cylinder misfire, # ***** is in the FRONT and the center cylinder, if the engine is skipping, start at the basics , a worn spark plug or faulty ignition wire can cause a misfire (skip) as well as internal engine problems, if the tune up parts are all OK and correct (spark plugs and ignition wires are changed at 100k ) then I would run a compression test and look for a LOW cylinder compared to the others, normal compression on this engine is 150 to 190 psi BUT ALL cylinders MST be within 10 psi of each other