Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

My 07 pt cruiser goes into limo home mode. Code reads low

Customer Question

my 07 pt cruiser goes into limo home mode. Code reads low voltage to tcm
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 10 months ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST:

If you’re thinking on working on the vehicle yourself, all my knowledge and resources won’t help unless you…

… have basic mechanical knowledge and skills, and…

… have whatever tools and equipment might be needed for a proper diagnosis

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you share the specific code number?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
using a carecare AET-1 Chrysler chip reader
pcm code po700
tcm code po882 power input signal low
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have cleaned the ground wire on the fender well under the battery. I have replace the pcm
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
when codes are cleared you may get a few shifts out of it. When it shifts it shifts good.

Thank you for that information.

Basically, what those codes are telling me is that there is too much resistance on the circuit coming from the TIPM to the TCM, which is setting code P0882. Then, as the PCM (which is integrated with the TCM but has its own separate power and ground circuits) sees that, it sets P0700.

I can tell you that the fix from Chrysler is to replace the TIPM along with the harness. However, there's a chance you might be able to remove the TIPM and find and repair the cause of the high resistance - in most cases you'll find the connectors underneath corroded.

Please let me know what you find and if there's anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards.