rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My name is ***** *****, I have 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager.

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****, I have 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager. Replaced fan unit, relay switch, fuze and temp sensor.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, At the inspection station it keeps saying its "not ready". They said the car has to be driven in order for the computer to reset. I've driven about 300 miles. Still "not ready"
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

There is a drive cycle you need to complete for this to set. See attachment I sent you.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've driven the car 300 miles over the course of 5 days. How could I have not completed the cycle? That was the question. I already knew about the cycle.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Very easily, the driving criteria MUST be met. I've seen a car that took 2 months for an EVAP cycle to set. We don't build them, just fix them.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.