Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

, i've replaced the timing belt with all marks aligned

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i've replaced the timing belt with all marks aligned on my 2005 chrysler sebring DOHC 2.4 i've even rotated crank 360 to get on power stroke, still wont start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 10 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

The 2.4l has 2 sets of timing marks and "UP" arrows on the cam sprockets, did you make sure that the UP arrow on BOTH cam sprockets are facing either up or down? What procedure did you use to install the timing belt and line up the timing marks?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert