Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I need to replace the REAR blower motor assembly on a 2005

Customer Question

I need to replace the REAR blower motor assembly on a 2005 Town & Country Minivan. Can you provide detailed instructions on how to remove the inner trim panel so I can access the blower motor?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

I will be glad to get that for you, just give me a minute to gather it and convert it to a PDF file for easy viewing..

Talk soon,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for waiting!!

Ok here are the directions:

REMOVAL

WARNING: Refer to the applicable warnings and cautions for this system before performing the following operation. Failure to follow the warnings and cautions could result in possible personal injury or death.

NOTE: The rear HVAC housing must be removed from the vehicle and disassembled for service of the A/C evaporator and the mode/blend-air door.

1. Recover the refrigerant from the refrigerant system
  2. Drain the engine cooling system
  3. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
  4. Raise and support the vehicle.
  5. Remove the nut that secures the underbody refrigerant line sealing plate to the rear evaporator extension line tapping plate that extends through the rear floor panel behind the right rear wheel housing .
  6. Disconnect the underbody refrigerant lines from the rear evaporator extension line tapping plate and remove and discard the O-ring seals.
  7. Install plugs in, or tape over the opened underbody refrigerant line fittings and the evaporator extension line sealing plate ports.
  8. Remove the nuts from the mounting studs that secure the rear HVAC housing to the rear floor panel behind the right rear wheel housing
  9. Lower the vehicle.
  10. Remove the trim panels from the inner right quarter panel and the right D-pillar
  11. Remove the rear distribution duct from the rear HVAC housing and the rear headliner duct
  12. Disconnect the body wire harness connector for the rear HVAC housing from the rear HVAC wire harness connector located near the A/C expansion valve.
  13. Remove the two screws that secure the top of the quarter trim panel attaching bracket to the inner quarter panel.
  14. Remove the two screws that secure the bottom of the quarter trim panel attaching bracket to the rear HVAC housing..
  15. Install plugs in, or tape over the opened heater core fittings and both heater hoses.
  16. Remove the screw that secures the back of the rear HVAC housing to the right D-pillar
  17. Remove the screw that secures the front of the rear HVAC housing to the inner right quarter panel.
  18. Lift the rear HVAC housing up far enough for the lower mounting studs and the evaporator extension lines to clear the mounting holes in the rear floor panel and remove the housing.

Rear Trim Panel:

REMOVAL

CAUTION: Disconnect the battery negative cable. Damage to accessory feed circuit can result.

1. Remove first row seat.
  2. Remove second row seat.
  3. Remove sliding door sill trim panel.
  4. Remove quarter trim bolster.
  5. Remove D-pillar trim panel.
  6. Remove first row seat belt anchor.
  7. Remove second row seat belt anchor.
  8. Remove screws attaching quarter trim to quarter panel from bolster area.
  9. Remove screws attaching rear edge of quarter trim to attaching bracket.
  10. Disengage hidden clips attaching front of quarter trim to quarter panel rearward of sliding door opening and at locators.
  11. Remove quarter trim from quarter panel.
  12. Disconnect speaker wire connector on LWB quarter trim panel with rear air conditioning.
  13. Pass second row seat belt through slot in trim panel on long wheel base vehicle.
  14. Pass first row seat belt through slot in trim panel.
  15. Remove quarter trim panel from vehicle.

I hope this helps,

Brad

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not believe the instructions are correct. There should b no reason to discharge the air conditioner to replace only the blower motor.
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Once you remove the side panel you will see where the blower motor is mounted and why you need to remove the housing and discharge the freon..

Glad I could help,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Good morning...

I see this is question is still open... Don't forget the rating so I'm credited for my time..

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad