sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

, power seat recognized an obstacle when moving into

Customer Question

My name is Lou,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: power seat recognized an obstacle when moving into the normal seat position. One leg locked to floor latch the other leg is free between the seat and floor. The latched leg will not move. Switch makes contact and movers the release slightly.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The seat is in the normal position, the seat back is in the closed position . Can't get the seat to move to finish the sequence to "stow or go to normal". Is there a release some where ?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm assuming you have a minivan and it's a rear power stow and go seat you're having trouble with.

There isn't any sort of manual release that can be used.

If the module has seen an issue and set a fault code it could suspend operation and it may work normally again after clearing the code. You may have a failed component on the seat though which would require replacement before it will work correctly.

I'm assuming you don't have a scan tool that will communicate with the power folding seat module. Disconnecting the battery will clear fault codes. Have you tried a battery disconnect?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks for your response.
No, I have not tried a battery disconnect as yet but will later this morning. I do get a slight movement on the release spring, a click, for about one second, when I press the "stow or normal" button, that is all.I will try the disconnect later and let you know.Thanks again.Lou

Let me know how it goes!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Tried the battery disconnect earlier today as suggested. No luck. I will be checking with some local people in the next few days where they can actually see the problem and hopefully the remedy.
I thank you for your help and suggestions, it was worth the try.
Thanks.
Lou
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Let me know how it goes and if you nee any more help!