rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

This is ***** *****. Have a 2008 Chrys Sebring, last nigth,

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, this is ***** *****. Have a 2008 Chrys Sebring, last nigth, right after I went thru a carwash my main headlights stopped working, the running headlights are fine and if I pull on the lever I get high beams......got any thoughts?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just checked for a bad fuse but can't see any
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Maybe
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Yes, water intrusion at the headlight connectors is what is causing this. You need to unplug these connectors at both sides and clean/dry the terminals real good, then apply di-electric grease on the terminals too. You can buy this grease at you parts store.

Thanks, Ron