Amedee
Amedee, Chrysler Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2001 Chrysler p t cruiser obd2 code 1345 ????

Customer Question

Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Amedee replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome! I dont have a listing for this code for this vehicle.

Expert:  Amedee replied 12 months ago.

However, this code is a cam/crank correlation code. This is caused by a bad camshaft position sensor, crankshaft position sensor (both of which are very common) or incorrect valve timing (jumped timing belt). Start by checking the timing belt and marks. If that checks out good, replace the cam and crank sensor and you will be good to go!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The car dose still start but hard start would it be both the cam and crank sensor? Stalls when put into gear
Expert:  Amedee replied 12 months ago.

Yes either the camshaft position sensor or crankshaft position sensor can in fact do this.

Expert:  Amedee replied 12 months ago.

Again just be sure the timing marks lined up correctly. And that there are no air or vacuum leaks under the hood.

Expert:  Amedee replied 12 months ago.

The idle air control motor on the side of the throttlebody can in fact be lazy sticking close to causing the stalling condition. However that won't be related to the code in your computer. I would go after the cam and crank sensors first and check the timing belt and go from there

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I replaced both cam and crank sensor timing marks are good still no start
Expert:  Amedee replied 12 months ago.

Ok, then the engine may simply be out of time.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just one more question. Ok I checked timing 4 times line up good. I did both cam and crank sensor replace. I replaced coil new battery plugs wires. Still no spark. Any ideas.?
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Yeah, I have lots of ideas. broken camshaft dowel or crankshaft keyway, electrical issue (computer or wiring issue) or even a BUS communication problem.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When I turn the crank the motor turns fine so if the dowel or the keyway were broken the motor would not turn correct. Any way to text computer?
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

No, that is not correct. YES, you can check the inputs to the computer.