Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My PT cruiser stopped working in middle ox road. No check

Customer Question

My PT cruiser stopped working in middle ox road. No check lights came on. No motor noise. Will not start. Haven't tried after 1st try as I didn't want to damage motor. Timing belt 1 year old. Fuel pump works. 2003. 83000 miles. Any idea as to what I need to check on. Thank you
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!

When your cranking it does it sound like it's freewheeling? If you pull the camshaft sensor is the cams turning when cranking?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, I'm a single older lady, It just sounds like it's trying to start. Does not turn over.
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Are you going to be doing the repairs or are you just asking to find out what it could be?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Finding out what may be the problem so , I can be knowledgeable on what decision to make, can my brother fix it or a certified mechanic. And what to ask for.
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the reply!!

I would start with the basics as in checking for fuel and spark. The most common thing we see if a broken timing belt which is why I was asking about if it sounds like it's freewheeling and if the camshaft is turning if you remove the camshaft sensor.. You can try some starting fluid if the timing belt is intact and if it starts then I would check for voltage to the fuel pump Also checking the codes in the PCM with a scantool would be a good starting point..

I hope this helps and thank you for the positive rating,

Brad

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you so much for your time. Great help.
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

You are very welcome and don't forget the rating so I'm compensated for my time.

Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

If you need more assistance feel free to reply, if not I would appreciate a positive rating so I'm compensated for my time..

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

I see this is still open, do you need more help?