sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My name is ***** *****, I have a 2007 Chrysler Aspen, runs

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****, I have a 2007 Chrysler Aspen, runs beautifully, but I cannot get it to start with the command start. It beeps twice, then nothing.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I bought the vehicle used, last fall. I believe the command start worked at that time. When I try to use it, the system looks like it is going to work, the interior panel lights up, the vehicle beeps twice and then after a couple of seconds the security system turns on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: thats fine, no rush.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: ok
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

If it powers everything up but then honks and doesn't start then the module isn't allowing the engine to crank due to a failure in the system. It may be a hood switch issue, a SKIM related problem or even the module itself.

To begin diagnosing the issue we'll need to know what model the Command Start system is. Do you have the model number from the remote start module?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you tell me where the module would be located, and what it looks like?

It will be under the dash somewhere under the steering column, the exact location will vary depending on what the installer wanted to do when it was put in. The module will look something like this.