Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 200 limited with the 6. My horn goes off and stays

Customer Question

I have a 200 limited with the 6. My horn goes off and stays on for no reason when I am driving. Yet when it is off and I press on the steering column to activate the horn it doesn't work. It beeps when I press the remote lock, and it beeps when I press remote start. It also works when I press the panic button. My airbag light also has been going on. What is the problem please?A
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,

I would say the common issue is the airbag clockspring, (ribbon cable between the column and the airbag).

The dealer would look at the airbag data, and see the drivers airbag open circuit. It would have a code set for this.

Gary