Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2005 Crossfire with engine light and all

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Crossfire with engine light and all ABS-related warning lights lit on dash, also spoiler is stuck up in deployed position and speedometer is not working. The care is running beautifully. We replaced the ABS module and there is no change. The dealership here in hawaii has no idea what is wrong with the vehicle. Any ideas on how to proceed?
Thanks so much for your help. -Mo
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out of the engine computer and anti lock brake computer to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.If you can get the codes read out and post them here this will help just let me know.

Check and make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels.If any fuses have blown this can cause this issue here as well.Let me know what you come up with here when your ready.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The dealer will not give me the exact codes. Said the only codes coming up pertained to a faulty ABS module, and that replacement may or may not fix my problem. Trouble is they wanted 1800.00 for the part. We got the part cheaper (170) and installed (quite simple), but all the dash lights are still on. We inspected all the fuses. We've tried every light reset option (cranking the wheel left/right/center), and hooked up another code reader which shows no errors (not a dealer code reader). Chrysler dealers in hawaii take 3 weeks to get an appointment, and charge hundreds of dollars without resolution of the problem. Do you know of any other type of electrical module that can cause indicators lights for ABS, engine, and spoiler malfunction. We are running out of ideas, and since our computer isn't showing wheel or brake sensor issues I don't want to go blindly replacing parts. Thanks again for your reply. -Mo
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Have you checked for any wiring damage or corrosion at the abs control module or engine control module or any wiring faults in the engine bay at all?