Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 96' Chrysler LHS, 3.5L. Just filled the gas tank,

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 96' Chrysler LHS, 3.5L. Just filled the gas tank, started the engine and "Check Engine" light popped on. Put my code reader on and came up with P0135 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1). What am I delaing with here? Email ***** ***** at:***@******.***
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Anything specific you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 10 months ago.

that code refers to either a failed o2 sensor blown fuse for the heater portion of the 02 OR a wiring issue, modern o2 sensors need to be heated to a specific temp to work properly,the heater is also used to test the o2 sensor during the computers routine testing, if you have the vin and skills i can get the diagnostic procedure for this code