Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

I contacted you earlier. I have a 2010 Chrysler Town &

Customer Question

I contacted you earlier. I have a 2010 Chrysler Town & Country, touring model. One of the reading lights above the left second seat passenger stays on. It should turn off by pushing in and staying in. It does not stay in. This happened to one of the front ones. I took down the forward console and fixed it.
I have seen your guidance on earlier models for removing the center console. Ours has three places for videos, but they are all empty. There is a pair of lights at the back end. They work fine. It is one of the lights just behind the knobs for heating. I have removed the end sections and remove the black hexagonal bolts - two toward the front and two toward the back. If I have to take down the whole console I am not sure how to do it and not damage something. The console is about 5 ft long and has tubular night lights along each side which I do not want to damage.
Can you advise me?
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have enclosed the factory removal steps for you rear console in the link below. Have a look and see if this is what you are needing. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Rear%20console%20Jan%2017.pdf

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You have sent the Chrysler instructions which I already had.
It says to "remove four screws to the overhead (two in front and two in back)" Are these the back screws with the hexagonal heads? I have removed them and the console still seems to be very securely attached. Are there other screws?
If not, as I read it, I need to pull down on the rear end of the console and I am concerned about breaking something. If that is correct please advise as to how to do this without causing damage.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

All the mounting screws are shown in the link I sent you. I am not aware of any hidden once.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Since we already had the diagram, I was hoping that you would provide additional practical information about which screws and the process of removing the console.
Also the response was slow, perhaps because of the long weekend.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

I addressed the post as soon as I saw it open on Sunday at 2.10 AM. I have no control over the wait time. Im not sure why it sat so long. I was only able to provide you with the factory removal steps.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am disappointed that I did not receive any guidance other than what I already had. Also the delayed response. I was hoping to receive assistance from you.
Perhaps you would consider returning my $16 fee
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Any money you have paid remains in your account unless you rate the service. You can get a total refund if you want it be contacting customer service.