Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

2007 Chrysler Town and Country alternator broke loose from

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, 2007 Chrysler Town and Country alternator broke loose from mounting, is this covered under the lifetime warranty as I am the original owner. This is the second time this has happened.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: First time the mounting bolts sheared off, this time the actual mounting broke, the bolts are still intact to the mounting. Of course the serpentine belt comes off and cannot drive very far before it overheats. Has been towed to the nearest Dodge dealer, but it has not yet been looked at, will be at least Monday.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help. I believe that is would be covered under powertrain and or parts warranty.. there is obvisously a defect there. I would also wonder if there is an issue with the belt tensionser.