Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

I have a 2010 chrysler sebring the car is in park acording

Customer Question

Hi i have a 2010 chrysler sebring the car is in park acording to the grear shit but on the dash board shows in reverse so i cant start the car
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is Vlad.

It sounds like you have a problem with your shifter. This model used to have some problem with a plastic lever inside the shifter and it usually results in inability to move it out of the park due to shift interlock system.

If you can move shifter in neutral , then you should be bale to start.

It is also worth to check the shift cable that might have just came off of a bracket or something like this.

let me know about your findings

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well i was able to move the shifter but it wont come off gear, also it shows is in reverse but i can push and move the car like if was in neutral

Expert:  Vladgmru replied 1 year ago.

You can push car in any gear but the Park.

if your shifter moves easily, then it is likely you have a problem with the shifting cable that either came off of the lever or just broken. I would open the hood and check if cable moves itself and if it moves the transmission shift lever when somebody moves the shifter inside the car.

thanks