sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica and have had issues with

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I have a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica and have had issues with small and large evap leaks. I took the car to Firestone in November of last year and they replaced the solenoid and they said it was fixed. We drove the car for less then 24 hours and the check engine light came on for a small evap leak. I am wanting to know if there is a usual spot for the chrylser pacifica to have these evap leaks so that I am not paying tons of money for the same problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Right now they are suggesting to replace the passenger fuel pump module but I want to make sure that would be the best case so that I, again am not spending tons of money on the car.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There really isn't a common leak place on these. As with most later vehicles most of the system has hard plastic line instead of rubber which cuts down on leaks drastically. You may actually have a leak or you may have a bad ESIM, which is the unit that checks the system for leaks.

Have they actually removed the fuel tank and used a smoke machine to find physical damage to the pump, and that's where the leak is? I'm skeptical that it actually needs a pump to repair an evap leak.