Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2008 Chrysler pacifica. The battery died and after

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Chrysler pacifica. The battery died and after I pulled it and replaced with a new one, I started it and it idles fine but the throttle control warning light is on and nothing happens when I push the accelerator. I took the throttle body off and cleaned it, still the same. I went to a salvage yard and got another throttle body and same problem. I dont have a check engine light on. The car ran fine until this. Any thoughts, I heard it might need to be relearned?? Any chance there is a trick to do this myself or is the scanner a must have?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Good evening and thanks for the request!

If the lightning bolt is on then you have an issue with the ETC throttle body. Also since you replaced it you just added to the problem because now you will need a scantool to relearn the ETC. Do you have a WiTech scantool?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not have one. Am I better off with my old throttle body on it?
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Well the PCM has now seen the new throttlebody so either way you will need a scantool to relearn it but I would suggest using your original one..

We charge 1 hr which is around $100.00 to relearn the ETC..