Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

MY NAME IS ***** ***** AND MY VAN IGNITION WILL NOT TURN ON.

Customer Question

Customer: MY NAME IS ***** ***** AND MY VAN IGNITION WILL NOT TURN ON.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I DROVE THE VAN ON SUNDAY AND PARKED IT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE AND NOW I CAN'T START IT. THE IGNITION WILL NOT TURN ON WITH MY KEY OR THE SPAIR KEY.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YES
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try turning and holding the steering wheel hard to one side or the other rocking it back and forth while trying to turn the key to see if the key then turns.In some cases the steering can lock tight and cause this issue here and this may help resolve this fault.If this doesnt do it check and make sure your battery is o.k. as in some models low voltage can cause this as well.If these do not correct this issue here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete