Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

2004 t/c. Drivers window will retract but will retract only

Customer Question

2004 t/c. Drivers window will retract but will retract only inches at a time over a extended time. Driver has no control over passenger's window, thanks jim
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem with the power window is likely caused by a failing window regulator or a weak motor. If you remove the window motor are you then able to smoothly move the window up and down and dose the motor run smoothly when its not mounted? Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ron,
I have no idea as how to remove the door panel and to access the window motor. Will have to live with this.
I'm 86 and was hopping for an easy fix with the window switch or a fuse. I'll resort to a dealer, thanks jim
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Jim,

It not likely the switch if the window moves. I would suspect its the window and or the regulator binding up.