Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

I was slowing down to stop and 04 or cruiser lost power tach

Customer Question

Hi I was slowing down to stop and 04 or cruiser lost power tach and speedometer and temp gauge dropped to pegs brake light was on security for was on engine light was flashing. It cut off and would not start. Acted like it was out of gas but is full. Sat a few mins in rd and it started back up but guages still didn't work. Barely made it home. Just had timing belt and water pump changed 1000 miles ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases when the system fails the computer will detect a problem and set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to know where to start with the diagnosis the first thing you need to do is to have the computer system scanned and see what fault codes are setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you determine the cause.