Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 2004 Chrysler Sebring Convertible that acts like

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Chrysler Sebring Convertible that acts like the battery is bad, but checks out OK. My son started it this morning before going to school and it stalled at a stop sign. The Tow Truck jumped him and got it back to the house. It is very cold now, and it seems to be a theme in colder weather.
We have not had much cold weather until today, but the last time he had problems it was a cold morning too. I am also having problems getting it to warm up. Any ideas?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike S. replied 11 months ago.

When it's cold the resistance through wires goes up so less available voltage and current gets through, so that is why you need a battery, cables and starter in tip top shape.

So, I must ask, who checked out the battery and what tests were performed?

Did the battery pass a load test? That is the most important test.

Also, was the starter draw tested and the charging system tested?

All of these tests are usually performed for free if you can get it to an auto-parts store.