b5demon
b5demon, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE and Chrysler master technician with over 17 years in dealer
13235514

2005 Sebring convertible, 2.7 liter...codes P0205 and

Customer Question

Customer: 2005 Sebring convertible, 2.7 liter...codes P0205 and P0305...changed fuel injector #5, figured I would change spark plugs while I was at it. Put everything back together, car won't start. Try spraying starting fluid in throttle body...still won't start. Put an old spark plug in one of the wires (has coil pack on each) and tried to ground and then crank. Didn't see a spark. I don't know anything about coil packs...should I have seen a spark? Tried the same thing on a different wire, still no spark. Is there a fuse for all of the coil packs. Should I have done something different when changing plugs?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What other details are needed?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

Hi Welcome to Just Answer! You should have spark at the plug. Did you make sure you plugged the cam shaft position sensor back in?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Last night I found a blown fuse for injectors/coil. Replaced it and it blew again. But at least now I know I'm looking for an electrical problem. I'll just take everything back apart and start troubleshooting the different components.
Expert:  b5demon replied 11 months ago.

If you are blowing that fuse you have a wire pinched somewhere and it is shorting the circuit to ground causing the fuse to blow

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just saw where I was charged $5.00 twice plus $11.00. Can you explain the billing? Plus I thought I had to be satisfied before I was charged.
Expert:  b5demon replied 10 months ago.

sorry you will have to contact customer service we the experts to not have any control over billing

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I found the shorted wire...repaired that. The car now starts but revs to 4000 RPMs and stays there for 10-15 seconds and then acts like it's going to die, idles very rough, and then does die.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I checked the vacuum hoses but didn't see anything obvious.
Expert:  b5demon replied 10 months ago.

if the hoses all look good the next thing to check is the plenum gaskets one may have slipped out of place