Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

I have a 1999 Chrysler 300m. The engine stalls when I let up

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 1999 Chrysler 300m. The engine stalls when I let up on the accelerator driving down the road. I suspect a fuel injection issue of some type. The fuel pump has been replaced about 13 months ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

That could be an idle air control problem or just dirt in the air passages in the throttle body.

……..

However,

You will want to do a throttle body cleaning on it to make sure that all of the idle air passages are clear of any carbon build up.

.

You can pick up a can of “throttle body cleaner” just about anywhere auto parts are sold.

.

You can normally follow the directions on the can but I always spray some in the intake while the throttle plate is closed to be sure that it gets into all of the passages. You don’t want to use carb cleaner though, as it’s not safe for the 02 sensors.

..

Also, you want to be sure that there are no vacuum leaks and that the intake air hose is on good and free of any cracks.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

I can get the instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks