sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My name is ***** ***** My 2008 apsen brake lights go on

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** My 2008 apsen brake lights go on for a second then turn off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my factory installed trailer lights work. Now if I turn the vehicle off then back on they will do the same thing again
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: its okay we are selling it just was wondering if there was anyone out there seen this.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The third brake lamp is a hardwired circuit from the brake switch, the other two are controlled by the front control module. It sounds like the front control module is either seeing an issue on the circuit and shutting the lights off intentionally or it is losing signal from the brake switch.

Do the turn signals work correctly in the rear?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Already figured it out. It didn't like the after market brake switch, tried three of them and none of them worked. Once I installed a mopar brake switch the brake lights now work

Great, I'm glad to hear it!