rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My girlfriend has a pt cruiser that would not start. She had

Customer Question

My girlfriend has a pt cruiser that would not start. She had a mechanic tell her that it was just extremely flooded. It ran for 2 days fine, but this morning she called me to say it wont start again, this time she didn't touch the gas.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

You need to test for spark at the plugs first, then check the fuel pressure and volume with a gauge. We should also scan the computer for codes and related data to this problem.

Thanks, Ron