Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I have a 2005 Chrysler 300Limited my trunk will not open

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Chrysler 300Limited my trunk will not open with the remote or with the inside trunk button. Can you help me with what is causing this trunk not to open?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I have seen this before and it is broken wires in that rubber convoluted boot at the right trunk hinge. Open the trunk by crawling through the rear seat after folding the seat backs down and then pull on the emergency release handle. Once the trunk is open, peel back that rubber boot and check for any broken wires and solder/splice and shrink tube or tape them back together. This should get the trunk latch working again.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris