sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My name is ***** *****. Issue is a 2005 Grand Caravan 3.3

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** *****. Issue is a 2005 Grand Caravan 3.3 coolant leak on the engine side of the water pump.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There is a a coolant leak on the back (engine) side of the water pump. When you look at it from underneath- there is a metal stem that comes out - it seems to be rusted through- I don't know what it is called, where to get it for replacement. It is not the radiator side pipe or hose,
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 10 months ago.

can you upload a photo of the leaky pipe so I can get a better idea of the part

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't have a photo of it.
Expert:  bill replied 10 months ago.

without a picture I can only guess so I will have to opt out and see if another expert can help, there are too many parts back there to guess on the one without a photo

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds like you need a timing cover. There is coolant tube that runs along the back of the block which connects to a nipple at the back of the timing cover in the water pump area. If it's the nipple in the timing cover that has come out then the timing cover will need to be replaced. A replacement timing cover would need to come from a dealer or you may be able to pick up a used one from a salvage yard.