Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Cost?
, water leaks into front passenger flooring when

Customer Question

Customer: cost?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: water leaks into front passenger flooring when it rains. how to fix problem 2004 sebring convertible
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2004 chrysler sebring convertible has standing water on passenger floorboard after rain. where is leak and how to fix???
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
have an answer to my question???
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Is it just the front passenger side floor that gets wet when it rains? No where else?

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That is correct...passenger side floor only
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Ok thanks. We have seen issues where the windshield seal will leak and allow water to leak into the vehicle and get the driver's or passenger floor wet. The other thing we see is a water Leak On Front Passenger's Or Driver's Floor Board. Water Appears To Be Entering Where Floorpan And Kick Panel Are Joined Together. What you would need to do is to remove the inner fender liner and inspect seams for missing sealer. You May want to spray water in area where the kick panel and floor pan join together while someone observes for water leaks inside vehicle with kick panel trim removed. If you see water coming in, then use a urethane sealer and seal area as required.

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

If you see no water when spraying that area, then suspect the windshield and have an aoto glass shop reseal the windshield.

I hope this information helps and if so, please don't forget to rate my service today! I can still help you with this even after you rate if you have further questions.

Thank you

Chris